Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Farewells

This past weekend two of my good friends had their farewells! It was a hard weekend but it was really good because I know they are going to be such great missionaries! They both have been in Iraq for the past year and now are going on a different mission... to Serve the Lord and to teach the gospel to those who don't have it in their lives. On Saturday I set Josh up on a date with my friend Whitnie, we met Josh and Levi at Texas Roadhouse and also a couple of their other army buddies and their wives. It was a lot of fun to meet them and go to dinner. It was delicious. After dinner we got a picture of the army guys before Josh and Levi left of their missions. In the one that I got Levi was getting a big old kiss from Micah! It was way funny!!

(Micah, Levi, Josh, and Rob)

After dinner Whitnie and I went up to Snowbird with Levi and Josh and met more of their army buddies. It was a lot of fun and it was fun to look at all their pictures and just talk and catch up with them! This is a picture of me and Whit out on the balcony.. the view was amazing but it was too dark for the camera to pick any of it up.


Then on Sunday I woke up way early, packed all my stuff, and headed to Salina and Aurora for their farewells. It was really good and they both did AMAZING! During Levi's I was sitting in between his mom and sister and it was hard, I was crying through a lot of it but he did so good and it is one of the BEST farewell talks I have EVER heard! They both will be amazing missionaries and I am so proud of them for doing what they need to be doing right now!

After their talks we all went to the cute Aurora park and ate some really good food. It was a lot of fun and I was able to talk to some of my friends from Snow that I haven't seen for a while. I also got to hang out with Levi's sister Heather for a while and she is the cutest girl ever! It was way fun and I am so grateful that I was able to go and listen to these amazing guys and see how prepared they are to go serve the Lord. They will do amazing things! Levi is going to North Carolina and Josh is going to Puerto Rico.


this is Heather and I.. She is so cute and so much fun. Its hard for me to believe she is only 15!!

This is Caci.. my roommate from my last semester at Snow. I love her!!

Kyron, Me, and Caci, My good friends from cute little Aurora!! :)

I am so glad to say that I know these guys and that they are some of my best friends! I know they will do so great and I am so excited for them!!

2 comments:

Ben and Lindsay said...

You look absolutely gorgeous in ALL of these pictures! And is that really Whitnie Henrie?! please tell her hi for me, I miss everyone! When are we going to do some type of reunion or something?
Love your guts

Matt and Crysany Bean said...

Paige, you are amazing!! And SO STRONG!! Things will work out the way they are supposed to, and i know you know that!!! HOw are you doing? I hope and pray all is well with you!! Thank you so much for your friendship!!!